Our International Patient Services Team works with patients and families to streamline administrative requirements and coordinate the complex process of cancer care. We provide personalized, culturally appropriate support for international patients seeking cancer care at City of Hope. Each patient is assigned an international patient liaison who speaks the patient’s language or arranges for interpreter. Our services start before the patient leaves home and continues throughout his or her complex cancer journey:
- Pre-Arrival: medical records review, cost estimates, appointments, travel & accommodation advice
- Arrival: orientation to Los Angeles and the City of Hope campus, help with banking needs and shopping/local resources
- During Stay: in-language support, after hours response, coordination of appointments, social support services
- Departure: discharge planning, prescriptions & equipment, settling financial accounts
- Follow-Up: coordinate follow-up visits, provide medical records, and consultations
We understand how challenging it can be to travel great distances to unfamiliar places for medical treatment. Our caring staff will assist you every step of the way. We will do everything we can to make your experience at City of Hope as comfortable as possible so you can focus on getting well.
- By having world-renowned scientists, physicians, and treatment manufacturing facilities working side by side, City of Hope conducts more than 400 clinical trials enrolling more than 6,000 patients in any given year.
- City of Hope is one of only 47 comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, the highest designation possible from the National Cancer Institute.
- Numerous breakthrough cancer drugs – including Herceptin, Erbitux, Rituxan, and Avastin – are based on technology pioneered by City of Hope and are saving lives worldwide.
- City of Hope provides specialized follow-up care and education for survivors of cancers, including a wide range of patient activities and support groups to meet a patient’s need for connection and support.
- Neuroscience (Neurology & Neurosurgery)
- Women’s Health
City of Hope seeks to collaborate with international organizations to improve cancer and diabetes services for more people worldwide. Our goal is to build deep collaborations that will be customized to local requirements to better address local needs. We offer a range of services including but not limited to:
- Clinical Services for Health Systems – Our services include clinical protocol development, training of staff, facility planning, remote second opinions, and research program planning.
- Research and Innovation Services – We seek partnerships in translational research and development of new therapies and devices. Our expertise and interests are at the forefront of biomedical research – drug discovery, vaccine development, genomics, immunotherapy, virotherapy, and development of biomedical devices. We also consider opportunities to commercialize technologies through licensing and distribution agreements.
- Education and Professional Development Services – We offer educational opportunities for qualified physicians and other health professionals including observerships, fellowships, and management programs.
- Relationships with Insurers and Payer Intermediaries – City of Hope offers top quality patient care and seeks to work with insurers and payer intermediaries that offer benefits covering patients seeking cancer treatment in the U.S.